Thursday, September 9, 2010

AZ-03 Green Party Congressional Candidate Leonard Clark Describes Sickening Conduct by Arizona Green Party at Today's Federal Court Hearing


Our fellow Green Party candidate for Congress in District 3, Leonard Clark - who was not named as a defendant in the flawed lawsuit by Arizona Green Party bosses against us and other outsider candidates - eloquently described the scene at today's hearing at the AZCentral website:
I have to tell you I felt sickened today by what I saw taking place in the federal court room in Phoenix, Arizona and no it wasn't the Tuna salad I had for lunch but instead it could have been "the rotten fish in Denmark" whose odor I was smelling wafting through the court room as the lawyers for the Green paty (of which I am a member) we're trying to subvert the rights in concert with the democrat party of the "Grandpa candidate, who has been in the news over the last month or so. I watched this hard working man harangued and insulted by the Green party lawyer over and over !
At the end of the hearing, I went up to Grandpa, the candidate and told him how much I disagreed with what the leadership of my party was doing and that in my opinion it was a subversion of his civil rights. Outside, I hugged Grandpa and told him: "Welcome to the Green party brother."
I have to say, that due to my being homeless in the past and having to work my a** off, I felt respect and sympathy for this older man called Grandpa and really infuriated at how his rights were being spat upon ! I was surprised to see Paul Charlton in court to represent him and I must say he did a good job showing what a despicable action our party leadership is taking in concert with the democrat party.

Folks, this is not the right message to be sending. We are a "Big Tent" party and should be welcoming and inclusive. In my opinion, this violates at least three tenets of our own party's ten key values: 1.) Grass Roots Democracy 2.) Decentralization and 3.) Social Justice and Equal Oppurtunity
For more information on these Ten Key Values and where our party stands please go to: azgp.org
I could also smell the stench of hypocricy coming from the lawyers for my Green party as I thought of how the Republicans stole the 2000 elections by judicial coup and how Gore tried to throw out the overseas ballots of my fellow American soldiers also in that 2000 contest.
Politics may be dirty but that doesn't mean we in the Green party have to constantly let the Republican and Democrat gangs make us copy their undemocratic subversion of votes and candidates who disagree with us and scare us !

I make this pledge to myself and to all of you now: If Grandpa is kicked off the ballot and therefore has his civil rights to vote and run for office arbitrarily taken away than I Leonard Clark, Arizona Endorsed candidate for the 3rd Congressional district will withdraw from this race because I will not stand by while one man is unfairly denied his civil rights by the democrat and leadership of the Green parties and I...am unfairly allowed to run as a write in for the Green Party of Arizona.
Leonard Clark
Arizona Endorsed Green party candidate Congressional district #3
9-9-10

We are very proud of our fellow Green Party congressional candidate, Leonard Clark - a real mensch.